Saturday 4 January 2014

Bridge over Troubled Water

This dream is troubling!

I was in a long bus, something similar to what we call, Molue.

Molue!

If you were the one, it would be a limousine carrier. I am sure you are forbidding right now.

I did too!

Unfortunately and truth be truth. It was a long vehicle, packed full of passengers. It couldn't be different from a Lagos Molue Bus. I was sitting by the left window, few seats away from the driver and so squeezed. I had a friend or loved one beside me. I possibly could not have seen the face with the things that started to unfold.

I could see the road ahead. It was very narrow. We were driving over a bridge. The bridge seem very low or close to the water surface. I knew this because the water splashed slightly on the road, as we plied.

It seemed, we were all anxious and troubled. I was also under a lot of tension. Not sure, but I presumed it was because of the gathering  cloud, which had a noisome turbulence. I looked through the left window and could see the water getting filled quickly. I then realized that it was raining heavily from a distance.

The driver took on a very fast pace, trying so hard to get us to the other side of the bridge but it seems the storm was encroaching rapidly. It really was on us!

I will stop here! I will tell you how it all ended later. May be on another post.

Many times, we are on such rides.

I like to pray, fast, cast, bind and prophesy that through out the year, everything will be so smooth like cream. But for all the years I have lived, not that I am so old, I haven't had such year. Especially being a Christian and with so much wonders that I've read in the bible, I even got so much convinced but truth be told here too. Christ didn't promise such either!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."...John 16:33

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."...John 14:27

Jesus Christ, being peace (Is 9:6), did promise one thing. Peace when on the bridge over trouble waters.

I would encourage us as women, to place our trust in God and ask for God's perfect peace which passes all human understanding. I know It's insane to keep cool in turbulence and noisome situations but it is the key to keep hope and faith alive and to overcome the world of tribulation.

Prayer Point for Day 3: Heavenly Father, I ask you to help me to trust you in all seasons of my life; bless me with your perfect peace that I will not be troubled or anxious for anything in this year and beyond. Phil. 4:6-7, Psa. 29:11


Read Related Post

Day 1: Happy With the Way God Created You?
Day 2: Self control - Is it an impossible goal?
We have this treasure in earthen vessels...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers. We appreciate you for visiting. Please, share with your loved ones and friends