Thursday 17 October 2013

Feet like the feet of a deer

Times have been pretty rough lately. Trust me, pretty scary tales with lots of downturns, and slips. Eviction notice along with piles of bills and failing health would be some of such perfect descriptions. In a few weeks, what I knew as a smooth journey had turned to bumpy rides with tough heating moments. In these times, I have known the way to the dentist, optician and many more medical practitioners than I have ever imagined in my entire life. Simply, put it that that times has been hard. That is what they call, life happens. But the beautiful tale behind all is that I made it and is still making it.

As I clear my desk this night to bid work goodnight while packing my bags on the other end, I remember these words, “The Lord is my strength”. Habakkuk 3:19 says, “The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.  I read this over and over and I now know too well that the strength for those troubling times had been of the Lord.

The scripture reminds me today that my source of strength is of the Lord, no wonder, when I felt like throwing up and yelling, why me; I still manage to find strength to take the next day.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer. Why? What special about a deer? What special about the feet. First of all, deer is not a strong animal and prone to attacks of wild animals such as lions or tigers. But deer have something other animals do not have; strong feet that can jump quickly on hard, sharp and steep rocks. 
Although, I am as weak as a deer, God is making my feet strong like the deer's feet so that I can escape the gory details of life, and things that want to have me as a prey. He is making my feet like that of a deer so that I can take height unimaginable. Have you ever wondered the kind of height the bible was referring to? Click here. Irrespective of the times, the steep of heights or what is trying to catch up with us, God is making us stronger in an unimaginable way.

So if you are going through a rough time, remember Habakkuk 3:19 and say it out loud, “The Lord is my strength”. You can also add a short prayer: Father, I thank you for reminding me of your word toady and the need to depend on you. I acknowledge I cannot do much through my own strength. I lay down my strength and take yours. Thank you for your strength in me and for making my feet like that of a deer to go on great heights. Amen. 

Similar Post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers. We appreciate you for visiting. Please, share with your loved ones and friends