Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 1: Happy With the Way God Created You?


"When the woman saw (perceived) that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it...Gen. 3: 6"

Like the forewoman Eve, we struggle with the way God created us. We often think we are not good enough. "Sadly, the world we live in glamorizes and idolizes perfection, constantly telling us lies that we aren't enough. You are not thin enough. You’re not pretty enough. You’re not creative enough. You’re not smart enough. Your hair isn't colored enough, thick enough, long enough. Your teeth are not white enough. Your clothes are not stylish enough. Whether its in magazines, on TV shows, or in unhealthy relationships, these are just a few of the lies woman are presented with on a daily basis." We struggle with our voices, mental capacity, we often think it is not high enough.

I also struggle with the same, especially during hard seasons. I end up giving to these lies about never measuring up, never feeling pretty or good enough. Like many people, I too struggled with complacency. God has not create me this way. He created me with a good body, mind and spirit.

Ps. 139:13-14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Have you struggled with the way you are in some way? Do you think your physical traits are not as pretty as another person’s. Do you think your mental capacity is not as high as people you go to school or work with. You need to remember that God made you purposefully and uniquely.

Yes! We need to  improve in all the good ways possible. God has not made us lazy and underachieving. God made us best for His service. We shouldn't blame God because we don’t want to study and try to do better with the abilities He has given us. First, be thankful for the body,God has given you and work to keep it in good working condition so that you can serve your Savior in the way He wants. You can’t fulfill the purpose God has for your life, if you mistreat the or fearfully and wonderfully designed body, He has given you.

Prayer for Day 1: Father thank you for creating me beautifully and wonderfully, as a woman and for designing me with  purpose, intent and worth. Psalm. 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from our readers. We appreciate you for visiting. Please, share with your loved ones and friends